Media streaming to Xbox 360?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Benhermies

Media streaming to Xbox 360?

Post by Benhermies »

I'm having some trouble finding a good media server to stream my videos from my Linux Mint computer to my Xbox 360. I tried UShare but it didn't like my video paths. Then I tried the PS3 Media Server but it wouldn't recognize my Xbox on the network. Then I tried Vuze, but the Linux version doesn't support streaming. UGH! I use TVersity in Windows 7 and it works great. Can someone please suggest something for Linux with simple step-by-step instructions? (NOTE: my videos are on an NTFS partition).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
brunk

Re: Media streaming to Xbox 360?

Post by brunk »

I too am currently trying to figure out the exact same thing as I have recently made the plunge into linux mint. Currently, I have an old WHS (Windows Home Server) that is doing the streaming, all i do is copy my downloads multimedia and copy it over in the corresponding server folders. If there is a way stream media directly from Mint to XBOX360 I would love to know. I want to get rid of M$ forever.
jakeman66

Post by jakeman66 »

I've used Fuppes in the past and it has worked nicely once setup properly. You can find complete tutorials on the Ubuntu forums. Good Luck.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

uShare works great for me. I remember having trouble when trying to set up multiple folders to share; now, I just stick with one folder path in my /etc/ushare/ushare.conf. Also, if your folder path includes spaces, remember the "proper\ spacing\ convention/".

Return to “Beginner Questions”