Dial up???

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

heartcall,

Try a Google for gnome-ppp. That might get you started. I ran acroos this for you @ http://www.ubuntux.org/how-to-install-d ... -gnome-ppp.

I just installed it myself after seeing your question. Never know when it might come in handy. LOL!

Adler
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

I am not on my Mint PC but I guess that in the Control Center there is an entry for the network in which you can activate and configure the desired interface…:idea: Did you already try?
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

linuxviolin,

I don't think that it is there...

Therefore my suggestion.

Adler
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

Adler, I still do not have access to my Mint box for several days so I do not know anymore where exactly in the Control Center but it however seems to me that exists. But I do not know if that will help, perhaps your suggestion will be better. :)
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

linuxviolin,

I'm sure that the original poster will get back to use.

Adler
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Yes the modem selection is in Control Center, mintConfig, Network.
sonicbhoc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sonicbhoc »

Is it an internal modem? Those things are called "winmodems" for a reason. If it's an external modem, it should work without any tampering. External modems can be cheap, so go and pick one up instead.

Return to “Beginner Questions”