No Dual Boot option

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fitzybhoy

No Dual Boot option

Post by fitzybhoy »

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Linux and have been recommended Mint. I've been using it for a bit in VMWare and like what I see. I tried to install Isodora last night on my C: drive beside XP. Everything went smoothly, I just chose all the default options etc. But on reboot it went straight to XP with no option to choose my OS. On a further reboot I pressed F8 on my bios splash screen to choose a temporary boot order, again choosing C: I was presented with a bootloader menu (GRUB I think) and was able to choose Mint from there. Any suggestions on how to get this to show everytime I boot?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Biker
Level 5
Level 5

Re: No Dual Boot option

Post by Biker »

What is the boot order normally set to?
Linux User #384279
fitzybhoy

Re: No Dual Boot option

Post by fitzybhoy »

Sorry for taking so long to reply.I think I have it now. My 2nd hard drive that I use for data storage, used to be a primary hard drive with xp on it and I didn't realise. Mint installed to this, so it's no problem, I'll just use the boot sequence mention previously when wanting to use Mint.

Thanks

Return to “Beginner Questions”