no menu in gnomenu

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bufozen

no menu in gnomenu

Post by bufozen »

Hi, first post :)

Some background on the situation:

I installed Mint 8 last week, installed gnomenu and had it working with a theme. Then I wanted to install Windows 7 on a blank partition, but it kept on giving errors until I finally deleted all partitions to install Windows 7 first then I re-installed Mint 8. This was probably good since grub2 for Mint organized everything really well.

Now on the fresh copy of Mint 8, when I installed gnomenu (started with the recently released 2.6) I can add it to the task bar and edit themes, but whenever I click on the button itself no menu pops up.

I have tried other versions, purging first and then installing again, logging out/in, rebooting... Always the same problem of no menu popping up when I click the gnomenu button. It worked before, so I am pretty sure of my basic methods but think there might be something I screwed up somewhere else.

I would rather not re-install again to work from scratch so that I can learn how to fix mistakes, but am willing to do so if it's the only way out.

I don't know any terminal commands to give information about my system, I am pretty new with Linux and just following information I find online. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bob5

Re: no menu in gnomenu

Post by bob5 »

hi

-sounds like a bug .... try reinstalling it .

hope it helps

Return to “Beginner Questions”