All Gurus once were Newbies
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this
Hello all, I;m a new user to Linux and Mint Linux. I just installed Mint on my PC (Xfce version) and have completed some software updates. Next, I would like to get the 3D desktop up and running. I see Beryl, Beryl Manager and Envy in System and Emerald Theme Manager in Settings.
1. Which of these are already installed and which do I need to install?
2. If they are all installed, which manager do I click on first to setup the software? I am familiar with Compiz Fusion but not Beryl/Emerald.
- Level 1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:00 pm
Intel i7 3770 LMDE Mate 64
- Level 6
- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:30 am
- Location: Wakefield, UK
Beryl and Emerald are installed. You click on Beryl in the menu and the Beryl icon appears in the panel - right click and select Beryl as your window manager and you're done.
Then you can start Emerald and play around - provided you have installed 3D drivers for your video card.
If you exerience problems there are several threads in the forum and articles in the wiki to help you
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
- Level 21
- Posts: 19710
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:22 am
- Location: Near Borås Sweden
Users browsing this forum: Crackington, Freshly Minted, Mute Ant, pakpa, seabird74 and 34 guests