[solved]Just migrated from Ubuntu - missing some panel....

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gotjazz

[solved]Just migrated from Ubuntu - missing some panel....

Post by gotjazz »

Hey everyone - i just turned my back on vanilla Ubuntu and did a fresh clean Mint install.
Thing is, I did it mostly because I had to reinstall anyway and I wanted to all the multimedia to work out-of-the-box. I also like some of the mint additions.
But I do miss some things about Ubuntu that I don't quite know the name of. And seeing as Ubuntu is a word that the search function here sees as to common not to ignore (I don't like that thing - if i search for several words I have a reason for each of them but that's beside the point now) the search isn't a big help either.
Well anyway - it's just about that panel applet that unifies the functions of the one to turn off the computer, the one to switch accounts and I think the empathy intagration was also part of it.

Does anyone know the name of the package? Looked around in synaptic earlier but I couldn't find it...

Apart from this little problem which has only to do with my personal preferences I love mint btw - ape files out of the box? I mean how awesome is that? :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bob5

Re: Just migrated from Ubuntu - missing some panel-functiona

Post by bob5 »

hi

-Other click on the panel at the bottom .

-Then click add to panel choose the user switcher .

hope it helps !
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

no but thank you - that's not what I meant. I don#t know if you've seen a recent ubuntu install but there is like one thing that combines all of the listed functions (one of them being the user-switcher)
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

found it - session indicator :)
bob5

Post by bob5 »

hi

-well done that what I was talking about in my first post .

- don't forget mark this post a solved

happy minting!

Return to “Beginner Questions”