Mouse-scrolling to change active workspace.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mich

Mouse-scrolling to change active workspace.

Post by mich »

When using Linux Mint in LiveCD, mouse-scrolling over the workspace-swticher will change the active workspace.

However after installation and the installation of the restricted drivers, I am unable to change active workspace using the mouse-scroll.
Have to click on the specific workspace in the workspace-switcher to change it.

Where/How can I re-enable the mouse-scrolling to change active workspace?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Old Ruler
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mouse-scrolling to change active workspace.

Post by Old Ruler »

Control Centre - Appearance - Visual Effects and set it to None.

I think it would have been set to 'None' before you installed the restricted driver, but a side effect of installing it is that that setting changes to 'Normal'.
mich

Post by mich »

Control Centre - Appearance - Visual Effects and set it to None does solve the issue,

however, then the other effects (e.g. translucent) would be all gone :)
distrohopper

Post by distrohopper »

If you have effects enabled anyways, enable the desktop cube and rotate cube plugin, then you can simply press ctrl-alt, click anywhere on the screen and drag it.. you can also use ctrl-alt-left/right arrow keys to change workspaces. I know it's not the same.. but it's pretty darn easy.

Return to “Beginner Questions”