Wireless connection unexpectedly disconnects: Mint 9

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

Wireless connection unexpectedly disconnects: Mint 9

Post by wyldekey »

I have a Linksys wireless-G usb network adapter on a computer upstairs. Using Mint 8 I never had any kind of problem with the wi-fi. But since installing Mint 9, fairly often the wireless connection will suddenly disconnect while I'm online. The panel icon spins and spins, then the dialog box pops up with my log-in info asking me to click "connect', which I do, and it spins and spins and never reconnects. If I reboot the computer the wireless then works fine.
Any ideas what I can do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
We're inevitably imprisoned by what we believe.
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wireless connection unexpectedly disconnects: Mint 9

Post by joutlan »

Have you rebooted the routers?
DΞLL Precision M6600: "Big Dog" i7-820QM, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, RGBLED, nVidia Quadro 4000M 2.0GB DDR3, Intel 6250//ScientificLinux x64/Win7Pro x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 "Nirvana" Linux Mint 13 MATE//Win764Pro

Return to “Beginner Questions”