Grabbing Screenshot Problem ( SOLVED )

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Grabbing Screenshot Problem ( SOLVED )

Post by mintymintminty »

I have a problem with taking a screenshot when i select an area to grab then i try to select the area sometimes you can see the outline ( which your meant to ) and other times you cant see the outline so you have no idea if its working, Can anyone help with this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Grabbing Screenshot Problem

Post by MALsPa »

Which Mint version, and which screenshot application?
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

Isadora 32 bit and the one that comes pre-installed.
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

Isadora, and I'm assuming it's the GNOME version, and that it's the gnome-screenshot application. And I don't have Isadora installed so I hope someone will step in here and help out. Meantime, maybe you can install KSnapshot and use that instead. I prefer to use KSnapshot no matter which desktop environment I'm in.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

Yes sorry its the Gnome version and gnome-screenshot app. Will try K Snapshot and thank you for your help and reply.

Edit.. Thats done the trick!! And its a much better app.. Thank-you kindly :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”