How do I reset username and password(solved)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
domromer

How do I reset username and password(solved)

Post by domromer »

I've got a dell mini 10 that I'm about to sell and I don't want the next user to have to use my user name and password. Is there a way to reset this information? Also is there a utility on mint where we can test the HD for errors?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
keyneom

Re: How do I reset username and password

Post by keyneom »

To remove your username and password just go to mint menu > administration > Users and Groups and from there you can add or remove users and change their settings. Also as I understand it when you boot the computer it will run checks for hard drive errors when 1.) it detects an error when accessing data or 2.) after a set number of boots it will run a check, so normally you don't really need to worry about it, it takes care of that for you butif you really want to I found this page that talks more about it http://www.overclock.net/linux-unix/588 ... -disk.html
domromer

Post by domromer »

Thanks for the info. It's just what I needed.
keyneom

Post by keyneom »

That's great you can edit your first post to change the title so it includes [Solved] in the title.

Return to “Beginner Questions”