DOS and dxdiag equivalent of Linux?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pion33r

DOS and dxdiag equivalent of Linux?

Post by pion33r »

i just installed linux in my windows 7 but i am having trouble i believe my video card is not installed cause i'm really have large pixels so please if you know kindly help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beefstu

Re: DOS and dxdiag equivalent of Linux?

Post by beefstu »

Need some more information, can you *use* Mint, as in although not nice to look at, it still functions?

If so, can you go to a terminal, type

Code: Select all

inxi -G
and post the output here? And by large pixels, I assume you mean a low resolution? Have you tried going to "Hardware Drivers" and seeing if there is a driver for your graphics in there? Also just check that you cannot change it in "Monitors"
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

What hardware do you have? Graphics card, etc?
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
pion33r

Post by pion33r »

Bios : Phoenix -award workstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor, 2.7GHz
Vcard : NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Try the things beefstu suggested above, they were what i would suggest anyhow. Try the obvious things first, you prob want the proper nvidia drivers installed, and you should be able change resolution from Display setting. The Hardware Drivers menu should offer to install the nvidia drivers for you. Try these, and report back.
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.

Return to “Beginner Questions”