Visual effect are not enabled

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anand.sawasil

Visual effect are not enabled

Post by anand.sawasil »

Hello buddy

I m not able to get visual effect on my Liunux mint machine
I have executed inix Fx and result is
CPU[-Dual core Intel Pentium Dual E2160 (SMP) clocked at 1200.000 Mhz-] Kernel[-2.6.31-14-generic i686-] Up[-19 min-] Mem[-367.0/875.6MB-] HDD[-160.0GB(1.9% used)-] Procs[-147-] Client[-Shell-] inxi[-1.2.6-]

Thanx in advance...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
robw

Re: Visual effect are not enabled

Post by robw »

Anand

A few thoughts:

I presume you have tried to enable effects through Menu>Control Centre>CompizConfig Settings Manager?
If this doesn't work, have you enabled the correct proprietary drivers? (Also through Control Centre under Hardware Drivers)
If neither of these are the problem, please try posting the results of the command in the terminal: lspci (the first letter is a lower case L). This will list everything connected through PCI and give us a better idea of your graphics setup. (May need someone with more experience than I though!!)

Cheers

Return to “Beginner Questions”