Software Manager freezes when changes are made.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dangger

Software Manager freezes when changes are made.

Post by Dangger »

Software Manager freezes when changes are made (installing or uninstalling). Changes are applied but it stays like this:

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Software Manager freezes when changes are made.

Post by DrHu »

Do you have your updates installed

In a terminal
  • sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
--there have been some updates to Mintinstall for example..

Another recourse is to always reinstall the offending application, after removing any /home/. hidden settings, if they are not fully removed by synaptic for example, which is in Preferences>Synaptic package manager, on the lxde RC mint 9 desktop and elsewhere on others
--I am using lxde at the moment, so don't know if synaptic is removed or available on mint 9 (Gnome desktop)
Dangger

Post by Dangger »

DrHu wrote:Do you have your updates installed

In a terminal
  • sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
--there have been some updates to Mintinstall for example..

Another recourse is to always reinstall the offending application, after removing any /home/. hidden settings, if they are not fully removed by synaptic for example, which is in Preferences>Synaptic package manager, on the lxde RC mint 9 desktop and elsewhere on others
--I am using lxde at the moment, so don't know if synaptic is removed or available on mint 9 (Gnome desktop)
Hi thanks. I have everything up to date, either from terminal or from Ubuntu Tweak I can update and sometimes I can use the Update Manager. The issues have been happening after the lastest Mintinstall update.

I have reinstalled the application, I have removed all the hidden settings, I have removed it completely in synaptic too. This has not solved the issue.
Dangger

Post by Dangger »

This discussion will continue here

Return to “Beginner Questions”