[SOLVED*]E: Unable to locate package sabnzbd

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grekko

[SOLVED*]E: Unable to locate package sabnzbd

Post by grekko »

I installed sabnzbd from package manager, showed as installed, checked in software manager again it says installed but when I searched menu I receive this:
E: Unable to locate package sabnzbd
how do I rectify this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: E: Unable to locate package sabnzbd

Post by oobetimer »

grekko wrote:I installed sabnzbd from package manager, showed as installed, checked in software manager again it says installed but when I searched menu I receive this:
how do I rectify this?
Open terminal, and ...

Code: Select all

sudo apt-cache search sabnzbd
grekko

Post by grekko »

Still not able to find it
here's my screenshot:
sudo apt-cache search sabnzbd
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

grekko wrote:I installed sabnzbd from package manager, showed as installed, checked in software manager again it says installed but when I searched menu I receive this:
how do I rectify this?
Did you try this command?

Code: Select all

locate sabnzbd

....or

sudo locate sabnzbd
grekko

Post by grekko »

I did try that, here is the screenshot:
grekko

[SOLVED*] Re: E: Unable to locate package sabnzbd

Post by grekko »

[SOLVED*]
Gave up on SABNZBD and reinstalled Lottanzb ,that works now.[SOLVED*]
hairybiker
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairybiker »

It installs as a daemon, it normally starts at login, it does NOT appear in the menu.
If you did a "sudo service sabnzbd start" it would start if it wasn't running.
Normally you connect to it via the web page, localhost:8080 and set the config up there.
I have been using it for the past year with no problems, I like it as a nzb downloader, I just drop them into a folder or it picks up my RSS feed form nzbs(dot)org.

Return to “Beginner Questions”