Print Screen key does not 'Take screenshot'. Please help. :(

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
3dsign

Print Screen key does not 'Take screenshot'. Please help. :(

Post by 3dsign »

Hi,
I've got this sticky problem with Mint 9. When I press the printscr button on the keyboard, it doesnt load the 'take screenshot' app. How can I make the button load the app again? Its convenient,cos I'm trying to take some compiz cube screenshots, but just cannot do it without the hotkey. Please help me out. :(

Thanks in advance!

-Karen :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
3dsign

Re: Print Screen key does not 'Take screenshot'. Please help

Post by 3dsign »

Anyone? :( I hope I'm not the only one having this problem.. :( The printscr button works just fine in Ubuntu. Dont know why it wont work in Mint! :(
dawgdoc

Re: Print Screen key does not 'Take screenshot'. Please help

Post by dawgdoc »

Sorry I am so late in replying to your post. I did not know a possible answer until the past few days and just came across your post searching for something. I found that when you are using compiz, for the <printscr> key to function you must have the Gnome Compatibility option checked in the General section of CompizConfiguration Settings Manager. On my laptop I actually have to press Fn+<printscr>

Return to “Beginner Questions”