Suspend/Sleepmode stopped working. *Solved*

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tronis

Suspend/Sleepmode stopped working. *Solved*

Post by Tronis »

I am having issues with the automatic sleep feature with Gnome Power Managment. I can activate it by manually clicking the suspend button when I shutdown. But the automatically timed feature under Power Management in the "On AC Power" tab doesn't work. No matter what time I set it for; 2hrs, 30min, 10min the action never seems to initiate. This issue has actually only plagued me for about the past 3days, it used to work properly. I'm wondering if its an app I installed thats interfering with its functionality. Any thoughts on how to resolve issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Suspend/Sleepmode stopped working.

Post by remoulder »

Some media player applications will prevent power management working, there is also a gnome panel applet to disable it temporarily. Otherwise look through your pm-powersave.log file in Log File Viewer to see if there are any clues such as errors/failures.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Tronis

Post by Tronis »

Hey thanks for the tip 'remoulder' but I just ended up backing up my files and re-installing and it seems to work fine now. I also noticed in my quest for troubleshooting the issue that my external hard drive, when turned on and mounted, give my machine a black screen upon waking up from sleep. But its easily bypassed by unmounting and powering off. I have another Os backed up on the External which is probably causing the confusion. But anyways, my issue is resolved.
phd7
Level 3
Level 3

Post by phd7 »

Tronis
can you edit the title of this thread , and put "solved" after it?
saves people looking in it for no reason
Thanks

Return to “Beginner Questions”