wifi and crashed partition

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nickster

wifi and crashed partition

Post by Nickster »

Hi there,

I installed mint 9 at the weekend on a dual boot and have two problems, actually three if you count my knowledge of linux.

I have found the mint system very user friendly and I'm really enjoying it but my vista partition has crashed and i cannot recover it without setting factory settings.

I would consider going all the way over to Mint if i could work out how to install and run my USB Wifi dongle....

I have two a dlink GWl-122 which works intermitently but has worked from day one and a dlink DWA-140 version B2 which i downloaded the ralink driver but cannot work out how to install, I tried using Ndiswrapper to load the vista .inf file but it doesn't appear to work either. am I forgetting to load something or am i missing something?

appreciate your help, but go easy on me i only started linux on Saturday.

Nick
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chattr

Re: wifi and crashed partition

Post by chattr »

There are reviews and some tips at http://community.linuxmint.com/hardware/view/1122 which might help.

I don't have that make and model of wireless device, so I can only point you to what others say.

Return to “Beginner Questions”