[SOLVED]Mint 9 kde - no youtube sound

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED]Mint 9 kde - no youtube sound

Post by houndhen »

A new install with volume at 100%. I tried a cd and it plays and I have sound.

Is this a known problem or do I have something not tweaked?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Thanks,
Harold
bob5

Re: Mint 9 kde - no youtube sound

Post by bob5 »

hi

-how did you install flash ?

- what version is your Firefox ?

thanks !
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by houndhen »

bob5 wrote:hi

-how did you install flash ?

- what version is your Firefox ?
I have no idea about how I installed flash. Didn't know that I installed it. I just installed it and then got the updates that were available. Also I am not at home so I don't know what version of FF I have. It would be either what came on the iso or if it was updated. I am not sure if it was updated or not after the install. The install is just two days old.

I will be able to be more informative when I get back home. I will post back when I get there.
Thanks,
Harold
deleted

Post by deleted »

run alsamixer at the command line. Make sure it's at appropriate levels.
-Hinto
mintnoob

Post by mintnoob »

Make sure your PCM level is not all the way down. If it's accessed the same way as in M8KDE, click the speaker in your panel, click the "Mixer" button, then check your PCM level.
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by houndhen »

mintnoob wrote:Make sure your PCM level is not all the way down. If it's accessed the same way as in M8KDE, click the speaker in your panel, click the "Mixer" button, then check your PCM level.
I finally got back to this. I really like Mint and even more appreciate this forum and the kind and informative help. mintnoob, you put me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Harold

Return to “Beginner Questions”