Two Minor Bugs experienced in Mint 9

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
craig10x

Two Minor Bugs experienced in Mint 9

Post by craig10x »

I was just wondering if anyone else has had these two (the first i have mentioned before)...

1) when coming out of "screen saver" and then going to either firefox or chrome, when i type in the url bar at the top, the url drop down "history" doesn't come down...i have to either open an application or minimize to the lower panel and then maximize the web page again to get it to work again...
This didn't happen on Mint 8 for me...only on Mint 9....None of the updates have made a change to this "bug"...i did want to make Clem and the others aware of this..don't know if i am the only one experiencing it...i use the 64 bit version..though also tried the 32 bit version and on the live cd for that it does exactly the same thing...

2) Occasionally when i boot up in Mint 9, the scroll will stop scrolling on my laptop's touchpad mouse...if i reboot, then the next time the scroll will work fine again...
This one only happens every so often....bug #1 happens every time....

All comments/suggestions welcome :wink:
Other then these two issues...Mint 9 runs like a dream for me on my 1 year old Toshiba Laptop with amd 64 bit processor and ati/radeon graphics....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Two Minor Bugs experienced in Mint 9

Post by remoulder »

Bugs should be reported at https://bugs.launchpad.net/community.linuxmint.com not here. Also FF being non-responsive I have noticed under Windows also so may be a FF bug.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
craig10x

Re: Two Minor Bugs experienced in Mint 9

Post by craig10x »

I did put in a bug report there about this problem with firefox....since i started using Chrome, it does the same thing but a bit different....the URL history list will come down in Chrome but if you try to select something..it will disappear! the "fix" is the same with firefox (either open any application or minimize/maximize the browser window) and it goes right back to acting normal again...

In fact the only browser i tried where it didn't cause a problem with the url drop down (when coming out of screensaver mode) was Opera...
It is certainly a strange problem...

I filed a bug report on the Mint side too as you suggested (aside from the one with firefox bug reporting)...since it does it on more then one web browser, i thought it might be a problem with something on the Mint side....

I was wondering if anyone here was also experiencing this in Mint 9...seems odd that i would be the only one...

Return to “Beginner Questions”