is it worth to use

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
even.raghu

is it worth to use

Post by even.raghu »

hi friends i am completely new to linux world... i know some basic command.. download mint 9version here, but not install yet..
Guyz i have some question after that i install...

1.i want to install it on my notebook.. i want to use only internet, view photo, small office work.. is it worth to use mint?
2.is it work on amd quad core, ddr3, nvidia card?
3.some people say it crash.. is it true?
4.is mint best for home use?

dont angry upon my noob question? i have to know this..

Thanks
Raghu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
axel668

Re: is it worth to use

Post by axel668 »

even.raghu wrote:hi friends i am completely new to linux world... i know some basic command.. download mint 9version here, but not install yet..
Guyz i have some question after that i install...

1.i want to install it on my notebook.. i want to use only internet, view photo, small office work.. is it worth to use mint?
2.is it work on amd quad core, ddr3, nvidia card?
3.some people say it crash.. is it true?
4.is mint best for home use?

dont angry upon my noob question? i have to know this..

Thanks
Raghu
Welcome to the community, Raghu !

Here's some answers for you:
1. yes, definitely worth it
2. yes, nvidia graphics cause least problems, in general
3. no, using Mint9 since 3 weeks, and it didn't crash once
4. yes, it's the easiest and most "noob friendly" distribution out there

And now have lots of fun with your new Mint :)
even.raghu

Re: is it worth to use

Post by even.raghu »

Thanks Dude... currently i am installing.. very nice.. i will rply after install finish.. :D
even.raghu

nice

Post by even.raghu »

installation going fine.. user interface is very friendly. i create a installation usb media.. now i am installing it on my friends lappy.. :P

Return to “Beginner Questions”