How to burn an iso under mint?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sastusbulbas

How to burn an iso under mint?

Post by sastusbulbas »

ok so I have moved all my kit so I can stick a wire up my pc to get Mint running, now I am having problems creating an iso, I can stick a DVD in my drive and watch it, but cannot put in a blank dvd and chose it for writing files to?

I would like to create this before moving all my kit around again as I want a fresh install along side Mint
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
foxhead

Re: How to burn an iso under mint?

Post by foxhead »

Do you have any software capable of burning dvds?
sastusbulbas

Post by sastusbulbas »

I have a fresh install of Mint, the PC has a DVD drive/burner, what do I need to burn an iso?

I am trying to use Brasero, but when I click on the iso to create, using a Verbatim DVD+R blank disc in my Samsung Lightscribe Super Writemaster IDE DVD drive, I get the message "please replace the disc with a supported CD or DVD"??
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

I've never used Brasero because I've never heard anything good about it. I burn a lot of iso's, and I like K3b. Even if you are using Gnome, you can install K3b (a native KDE burner) using Software Manager, and use it to burn your iso. Just be sure to change the burn speed from auto to 4x so you get a good burn. I like it cause it's real easy to use and pretty fast, and I've never had a bad burn with it.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
bigBuckets

Post by bigBuckets »

I've used Brasero without any problems, I also use Gnomebaker with no issues.
vincent

Post by vincent »

I've had occasions where Brasero failed to recognize a few particular DVD+RWs I put in, but both Gnomebaker and K3b (both in the repos) detect them and can proceed to burn stuff flawlessly on them.
sastusbulbas

Solved; Re: How to burn an iso under mint?

Post by sastusbulbas »

Sorted, I forgot to un-mount the DVD which had been in previous :oops:

Return to “Beginner Questions”