I lost my nice default mint grafic to horrible olgnome theme

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ivo.linux

I lost my nice default mint grafic to horrible olgnome theme

Post by ivo.linux »

I am not really a newby however i fell a newby right now ...
I compiled f-spot from source and to obtain an easy dependency solution I added deb-src repo. I restarted the system and i found a an horrible gnome classic theme has been replaced the nice default theme......
I made a new user but the horrible graphic has followed me
At now I replaced it with a more pretty theme but i would like revert the gnome theme to the old one, if is possible I will not do a new installation (too boring)
thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revdjenk

Re: I lost my nice default mint grafic to horrible olgnome t

Post by revdjenk »

ivo.linux,

When you right-click on an empty spot on the desktop do you get a pop-up with a "change desktop background" choice at the bottom?
Click on this, under new popup, choose Themes tab and click on Custom theme... which is the default for Mint 9. (The top three choices should be Custom, AuroraMint, Carbon) Of course, you may have replaced the whole mint-gnome themes set with another! We will see...

God Bless
Doug

Return to “Beginner Questions”