How do I update to 9? [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nolag

How do I update to 9? [SOLVED]

Post by nolag »

I am currently running 8, and I do updates but I don't think that will update the OS itself will it? I would love to use the new backup thing, the one in 8 failed me (it did not work when my comp died)!

Thanks in advance for any help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How do I update to 9?

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
nolag

Post by nolag »

The way they do it, it seems they reformat and keep the programs, data and settings you have installed? If this is the case I will download the disk! Is there a way to make sure that the backup was successful (and not corrupt or unreadable)? Last time I tried to use linux mint 8's backup it could not read the file when I went to get it back!
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

nolag wrote:Is there a way to make sure that the backup was successful (and not corrupt or unreadable)?
When you backup the files click Advanced options, there is a Check Integrity option there, though the only way to be certain is to restore the backup to another drive if possible.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Beginner Questions”