Problem in Google Chrome

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
craig10x

Problem in Google Chrome

Post by craig10x »

Hi: When i am using the Chrome web browser, all of a sudden now, all the "mini pop up windows" come up on the upper right hand corner instead of the upper left hand corner as they normally do...It seems to affect web pages that have them as well as my Evolution Mail Program which uses one to Compose New Mail....

Yet, when i browse in Firefox, the problem does not occur...so it seems to be Chrome Browser related....is there any way to adjust this...i can't seem to find any setting in Chrome that controls that window....It just started doing this yesterday...even though i have been using Chrome for about 2 months now...

When i say "mini pop windows" i am not referring to advertising pop ups (i have those blocked in my Chrome settings) i mean those small pop up windows that you use for composing e-mail in evolution, and on certain websites where they are used...for example, a small streaming chart window that you bring up in a Brokerage house trading platform...

This is not affecting the "normal" size windows....only those smaller pop up types...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
craig10x

Re: Problem in Google Chrome

Post by craig10x »

Looks like i solved my own problem :lol:
What i did was uninstall Google Chrome and then Install Google Chromium inside (from the mint repository)...problem is gone...the mini pop up windows are back in their "proper place" :wink:

I guess i will just keep Chromium on here instead...same thing really (without the google added tracking to personalize your web page ads...lol)...

I will get the stable updates of Chromium through the Mint Update Manager...won't i? I don't need to do anything for that, right?
vincent

Post by vincent »

Since Chromium is now placed in Ubuntu's universe repo, yes, you will receive critical updates and bug fixes, but don't expect all that many updates. A lot of the stuff in the universe repo is quite ancient. :P
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

Thanks Vincent...yes...in fact when i re-installed Chromium (after refreshing the Package Manager) i noticed that it was now the most current stable version of the Chromium open source browser...so, apparently updates do come through for it from the universal Ubuntu repository....Well occassional updates and bug fixes is fine (wouldn't want the "daily builds" anyway...lol)...

I'll probably be moving into Mint 10 when it comes out anyway...and besides that, if the "debian version" of MInt works out well, then i should get plenty of updates through the "rolling release" :wink:

This was an easy fix for the "bug" i was having for sure...and i still get to keep Chrome this way...It's become my favorite browser...

Return to “Beginner Questions”