Ipod firmware?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aa.janer90

Ipod firmware?

Post by aa.janer90 »

Hi everyone. Im a linux newb and am not shure if I can update my ipod firmware using linux and if so how?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: Ipod firmware?

Post by OldManHook »

No You can only update an I-Pod in I-Tunes Which don't run in Linux and not very good in Wine.
Rhythmbox and Banshee Both have limited Support for I-Pods-Does Not Sync But you Can drag and drop Files. Rockbox will CHANGE the firmware on some I-Pods to make them work on most Linux Distros.
Check out the I-Pod How To on this Fourm--Very Good Info about Mint and I-Pods.
vincent

Post by vincent »

Short answer is no. If you can borrow a friend's Windows/Mac computer, or you have a dual-boot system, just update your iPod's firmware from there (with iTunes installed, of course).
aa.janer90

Post by aa.janer90 »

OK, thanks. And how about using virtualbox? Will that work?
vincent

Post by vincent »

I don't know if it'd work out with Virtualbox/VMWare/Parallels/etc. I suppose you could give it a try if you really wanted to, but there aren't any guarantees it'll work.

Return to “Beginner Questions”