Switching From [Buggy] Ubuntu...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BananasInPajamas

Switching From [Buggy] Ubuntu...

Post by BananasInPajamas »

I am new to all of this, and I want to switch from Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (10.4) because it is quite buggy to Linux Mint, but I don't know which version? Anyone wanna help me with this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thx1138

Re: Switching From [Buggy] Ubuntu...

Post by thx1138 »

Give the main edition a chance. It's based on Ubuntu and has a Gnome desktop.
What bugs did you experience with LL 10.4?
BananasInPajamas

Post by BananasInPajamas »

Oh the usual, 2 minute boot ups, random freezing, windows bugging up so i cant close them, devices not being recognized when i plugged them in (Ipods/mp3s, etc) and theres others that i cant remember atm but have happened.
vincent

Post by vincent »

Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" = Linux Mint 9 "Isadora". The Main edition features Gnome, while the other versions feature their respective desktop environments (there's KDE, Xfce, LXDE, and Fluxbox in addition to the main Gnome edition).

Note that since Mint is heavily based on Ubuntu, you may encounter the same problems in Mint as you have in Ubuntu (Mint Debian isn't out yet, unfortunately). Nevertheless, I encourage you to boot up a live Mint CD and give Mint a go. :)
thx1138

Post by thx1138 »

BananasInPajamas wrote:Oh the usual, 2 minute boot ups, random freezing, windows bugging up so i cant close them, devices not being recognized when i plugged them in (Ipods/mp3s, etc) and theres others that i cant remember atm but have happened.
What's your point?
Try it first, then f**k it up. There are some things in Mint you missed in Ubuntu. Don't qoute something you read, DO it (it's only a live cd, that's nothing to argue about).

Return to “Beginner Questions”