(Solved) Mintmenu will pop up but not go away.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Peterburd

(Solved) Mintmenu will pop up but not go away.

Post by Peterburd »

That is to say, when I click on the menu button at the bottom left, it pops up just as it should. But after I click on the program icon I want the menu doesn't go away again. Well, it does if I click somewhere outside the menu box. But it's a pain to have to do an extra click every time I want to load a program. Any ideas?

Peter
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Mintmenu will pop up but not go away.

Post by dawgdoc »

Try this
Click on the little box in the upper left corner of the menu -- solved it for me! You only see the little box when you have this problem.
found here.

The post immediately above it offers a different solution
The "mintmenu hangs" bug is an old one that can probably never be solved
Open gconf-editor (Alt+F2)
The key /apps/mintMenu has an option pin_menu and I think it has been selected for some strange reason
Deselect and you're ok
these posts are from June 09
Peterburd

Re: (Solved) Mintmenu will pop up but not go away.

Post by Peterburd »

Thanks folks. Never noticed that little box before. I knew it had to be something embarrassingly easy!

Peter

Return to “Beginner Questions”