Windows flashing a blue screen when booting

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Len

Windows flashing a blue screen when booting

Post by Len »

So, I installed Linux Mint from my USB after booting it from that, I used the default settings when booting it, imported my settings, but due to human error on my part, the installer was accidentally closed at a high percentage (around the 80s 90s region). When I reopened it, it would simply show a small rectangle in the middle of the screen I couldn't interact with.

When I tried to boot up Windows7 earlier, it simply gave a blue screen, even if I used Safe Mode, start normally, or any other option. After this, the computer would immediately reboot. Some of my windows settings were imported (like my desktop image) and I can use the computer under Linux. I really need to know how to fix this, I like this OS, but I need Windows for certain things.

Any help would be appreciated fully.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: Windows flashing a blue screen when booting

Post by oobetimer »

Fix Windows by choosing system restore or Windows complete PC restore

http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-fix-vi ... ken-vista/
Len

Post by Len »

Problem is, Windows 7 was preinstalled on the laptop, and it didn't come with an install disk. Any ideas?

Edit: The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

Len wrote:Problem is, Windows 7 was preinstalled on the laptop, and it didn't come with an install disk. Any ideas?

Edit: The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-v ... -download/
Len

Post by Len »

Guess I'll have to get a torrent client, I'm just hoping this works. Thank you.

Edit: I tried the Vista Loader option that appears on the Linux Mint boot screen and was able to fix it that way, thank you for your help however. Everything dual-boots properly now.
Dave68

Post by Dave68 »

Make sure you create a Recovery Disk. Even if you never use it, it is a handy tool to have with any Windows Installation.

Thank You for the resolution,
Dave

Return to “Beginner Questions”