MP3

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jesica

MP3

Post by jesica »

Hey, may someone please be so kind in telling me what music program to convert my cds to MP3, I did Google it but it was not much help, I did see I can use VLC, i tried it but it keeps givving me a error.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: MP3

Post by oobetimer »

staffie wrote:Hey, may someone please be so kind in telling me what music program to convert my cds to MP3, I did Google it but it was not much help, I did see I can use VLC, i tried it but it keeps givving me a error.
Soundconverter?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install soundconverter
jesica

Post by jesica »

thanks,
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Asunder. I think Rhythmbox also do CD rips.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
jesica

Post by jesica »

Rhythmbox do cd's but not mp3's, they must change it
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

staffie wrote:Rhythmbox do cd's but not mp3's, they must change it
Ah ok. TBH I never tried Rhythmbox before to rip audio CDs. Give Asunder a try. It's in the repositories.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
jesica

Post by jesica »

Cool stuff, I am busy downloading it at the moment,
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

Rhythmbox does MP3's
Edit--Preferences--Music--In the perferred format select MP3 from the dropdown you now can rip in Mp3, Rhythmbox is still all-in-one music player in Linux.
trueleowdeo

Post by trueleowdeo »

ave never tried it, but try rhythm Box player. It is said it can rip cds. :D
see http://www.anewmorning.com/2008/05/21/1 ... o-players/
_unidentified_

Post by _unidentified_ »

The best CD ripper that I have found so far is RipperX. I don't think that it is in the repo's but just Google it and you will find it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”