GPG error in Synaptic [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mikhou

GPG error in Synaptic [SOLVED]

Post by mikhou »

I'm getting the following error when I try to update the repo's in Synaptic. This just recently started. Any ideas?

W: GPG error: http://archive.ubuntu.com lucid Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>

mikhou

SOLVED: I really did try that post earlier that was mentioned by SiKing, but after trying it once again, it worked. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SiKing
Level 5
Level 5

Re: GPG error in Synaptic

Post by SiKing »

About 20 seconds on Google led me to this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... post443235
mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yeah, I know that a lot of folks on here get frustrated when people don't even google their problems before posting. Believe me, I'm not one of those guys. I'd rather find the solution myself than ask for help. I have searched for a solution multiple times for several hours before posting to LM forums to no avail and had previously run across that post on Ubuntu forums. Didn't help. Thanks for trying, though. I thought that somebody here might have a different answer.

mikhou
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Could you post a copy of your sources list please?

/etc/apt/sources.list

Perhaps switching to a different mirror might be of help?
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.

Return to “Beginner Questions”