Minimised programs don't show in lower panel

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
albinard

Minimised programs don't show in lower panel

Post by albinard »

Greetings from a truly new newbie - I just installed Mint 9 (32-bit) a couple of hours ago (previously using Ubuntu 10.04, Peppermint, other Ubu's). I dragged the Firefox icon to the lower panel to have it handy, but that wiped out the indicators of two minimized programs. Now no indication of running programs comes up at all in the lower (and only) panel. TIA for any thoughts on this someone might offer. (Yes, I tried a search, found nothing close enough to fix it.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Minimised programs don't show in lower panel

Post by dawgdoc »

Right click on the panel, select <Add to Panel> in the pop up window, scroll down and select <Window List> then select <Add> at the bottom of the window.
albinard

Post by albinard »

Well, That was quick, and it worked just perfectly! And thanks to your advice, in the process I also discovered how to get the Main Menu available (the minimalist good ol' Gnome one). Thank you, dawgdoc!
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

You are most welcome,

You, I and a number of others have had the same panel problem after install. I don't know if it is an issue with certain hardware configurations or what. Probably what.
albinard

Re: Minimised programs don't show in lower panel (SOLVED)

Post by albinard »

Okay, solved now (posted only to get SOLVED into title).
Derathor

Post by Derathor »

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Beginner Questions”