[Solved] Acer 5630 - Linux Mint 9 Isadora

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
noel_ca

[Solved] Acer 5630 - Linux Mint 9 Isadora

Post by noel_ca »

I recently installed Linux Mint 9 'Isadora' on my desktop computer. It installed without a hitch. Goodbye Microsoft! :D
3 have three questions:

1. I want to install Mint on my Acer Extensa 5630 laptop. I read some articles see (attached) about Linux on Acer Extensa 5630.
I have the latest versions of Linux: OpenSUSE, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint, etc. However, I must admit I am skeptical about removing Microsoft from my
laptop without doing some extensive research. Which Version of Linux would you suggest I install on my laptop

2. How do I determine what model of Acer Extensa 5630 (EZ, G, ect.) I have

3. How do I activate the Games in Mint? I clicked Menu -> Control Center -> Clicked Games -> Checked all the Games Check boxes.
The check marks vanished no games were installed or activated.

Still wet behind the ears
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: Acer 5630 - Linux Mint 9 Isadora

Post by OldManHook »

Do your research,i would suggest Mint or Ubuntu if you don't want to remove windows just dual boot.

On a label on the computer,do a Google search,check Acer support

Find Gnome games in the package man. and install,Hope this help :)
noel_ca

Post by noel_ca »

Thank you!

I want to use Linux Mint 9 'Isadora' exclusively. So, I am researching all the pros and cons of installing it on my laptop.

I have a Acer Extensa EX5630 laptop.

What is 'package man'?
noel_ca

Post by noel_ca »

I found Gnome-Games package and installed it. Games are working. Thank You!

Return to “Beginner Questions”