Installing buttons...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
biocmp

Installing buttons...

Post by biocmp »

I am wanting to install the buttons below...

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=128143

And I followed the instructions:

Download the tar.gz file and extract it. In the new folder created, run the install.sh script to choose the distribution logo (Ubuntu, by default) and the Gnome menu icon

I ran the install.sh script but I didn't know what to do after it popped up...

Would anyone care to explain how to do this? or give me links?

Thanks for any help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Installing buttons...

Post by viking777 »

biocmp wrote:I am wanting to install the buttons below...

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=128143

And I followed the instructions:

Download the tar.gz file and extract it. In the new folder created, run the install.sh script to choose the distribution logo (Ubuntu, by default) and the Gnome menu icon

I ran the install.sh script but I didn't know what to do after it popped up...

Would anyone care to explain how to do this? or give me links?

Thanks for any help
Don't do that, do this (from your link):
Launchpad PPA
Faenza icon theme is available to install for Ubuntu users via a PPA repository. Open a terminal and run :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox

sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get install faenza-icon-theme
You will find it one hell of a lot easier, it is just copy and paste of the two commands beginning 'sudo'.

Don't mess with source code until you have to (and even then think twice, it will usually fail).
biocmp

Post by biocmp »

Thank you much.

I am running those now in the terminal. It is projected to take ~10 minutes, is that normal?

Thanks for the heads up on how to install those. I had no idea what I was doing :D

So, if I get to the point where I want to mix and match themes, is that when people mess with the source code? Or should I avoid that altogether?
biocmp

Post by biocmp »

What am I supposed to do at the prompted questions?

It's saying it couldn't find faenzia-icon-them, I saved the download to folder. Unzipped it.

So....what did I do wrong?
viking777

Post by viking777 »

biocmp wrote:What am I supposed to do at the prompted questions?

It's saying it couldn't find faenzia-icon-them, I saved the download to folder. Unzipped it.

So....what did I do wrong?
Having had another look at the commands posted on that site you linked to I think they are wrong.

Try this:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install faenza-icon-theme

Return to “Beginner Questions”