Battery monitor says zero, but I'm stll running

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theoldwizard1

Battery monitor says zero, but I'm stll running

Post by theoldwizard1 »

Mint 9, Xfce RC ; HP laptop ze5451us

I have been running this setup successfully for a couple of weeks now, but I just ran into an interesting problem.

I shut down the laptop earlier today but left t plugged in. When I picked it up just now, I noticed the charging light was blinking. The laptop booted right but the battery monitor icon was red and it said "0% Battery is empty". I pulled the battery out and pushed the test button and all of the LEDS light up.

I plugged the battery back in and disconnected the AC and it kept on running !!

So why does the battery monitor read 0% ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
theoldwizard1

Re: Battery monitor says zero, but I'm stll running

Post by theoldwizard1 »

Well, I tried the old Microsoft fix (a couple of re-boots) and it seems to be right now !
Jay514

Re: Battery monitor says zero, but I'm stll running

Post by Jay514 »

Depending on what desktop version that you are running ( KDE,GNOME,LXDE,Ect.) You can set the Battery Notification % & number, the default may be higher than you need on your system.For Example, Click the Battery Icon in the Taskbar & go to Preferences ( there you can edit the defaults) or you can go to the Main Menu, System, Power Management.
I hope this Helps, Have a Good Day :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”