add a shell script application to the menu

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
foxhead

add a shell script application to the menu

Post by foxhead »

I recently downloaded Vuze off of the main site as a .tar.bz2 file and once i extrated it there was only a shell script application and some other stuff in the file. So i want to know if there is anyway to 1 change the icon and 2 add it to the menu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rbanavara

Re: add a shell script application to the menu

Post by rbanavara »

The easiest way to install Vuze would be to search for Vuze (or azureus as it was formerly called) in mint install and install from there.

Unless otherwise you are sure what you are doing, with the way you are trying to install, it is not advisable to install that way.
foxhead

Post by foxhead »

Yes i know of the best way only problem is that the version on the mint installer has a bug that has been fixed in the newer one only available on the site
unexistance

Post by unexistance »

1 change the icon
2 add it to the menu
You'll need to add it to menu first, but I'd say you can just update the OLD vuze menu.
Just right-click on 'start menu' -> edit menu

just replace the 'command' part with full path to your compiled vuze

regards,
foxhead

Post by foxhead »

unexistance wrote:
1 change the icon
2 add it to the menu
You'll need to add it to menu first, but I'd say you can just update the OLD vuze menu.
Just right-click on 'start menu' -> edit menu

just replace the 'command' part with full path to your compiled vuze

regards,
thanks man that worked swell

Return to “Beginner Questions”