Very Weird Linux Mint Issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stress

Very Weird Linux Mint Issue

Post by stress »

I'm getting this error everytime I boot before the splash screen:
GLIB WARNING ** GLib - getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0) accompanied by squiggly lines on the bottom of the boot splash as if there was a problem with my video card. But there isnt.

Its weird because I have installed Linux Mint 9 twice on this computer before flawlessly and never got this message. I have since use gparted to format my entire disk and have tried re-installing twice. I had to use gparted as the lInux mint install wouldnt erase my entire disk automatically. It should. But it wont.

I have tried both gnome and kde editions of Mint 9 and the same error persists. Linux Mint loads after pressing F1, (i dont know why. maybe someone can explain it to me) at the boot splash, a checkdisk utility runs and then mint works fine but this is really annoying to have this pop up everytime i load mint. I know many have had this error but I haven't read about anyone who sees this error only on the boot screen like me.

Can someone please offer some advice.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jesica

Re: Very Weird Linux Mint Issue

Post by jesica »

I also get the error,

nothing yet happened and is is like that for a very long time now

Return to “Beginner Questions”