Account not being accessed

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chi-kitory

Account not being accessed

Post by chi-kitory »

Hey,
i was playing Urban Terror, and my computer locked up on me. i waited 10 minutes, brushed my teeth, played a round of golf (on the xbox). Came back and it was still locked up.
So i hard reset my PC.
When i turned it back on, it booted up normal, but this time there was a menu that i haven't seen come up in a while.
Asking me to log in to oem or Chi kitory. i click Chi kitory, and type my password it seems to work but then takes me to the password input screen again. i try a different password, it tells me its wrong. So i type the password that i know is right in, and it does the same loop, loads and goes back to the log in screen (with oem and chi kitory account).

So i log in to the oem account with the same password as the chi kitory account. And it works fine. im writting this from it.
So my guess is when i hardreset my Pc, it messed up my account?
The chi kitory side has about 120Gigs worth of stuff, plus everything from work. So i rather not be told to reinstall Mint. Is there a way to recover my account? or am i doing something wrong where its not letting my log in?
Thanks,
Chi kitory
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chi-kitory

Re: Account not being accessed

Post by chi-kitory »

bump//
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33561
OK, how about some context, usr information..
  • And you are running Urban terror on which Linux mint, which desktop etc etc..
Linux mint OEM account..
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 3&p=224755

If you have the space, possibly the easiest GUI way is ..
  • Create a new user
  • Copy all your chi?? data over
  • Make use of it
--or work the permissions (GUI access, right-click/..permissions) for that user, so that anyone can access it, then you should be able to get the data..
chi-kitory

Post by chi-kitory »

if it helps, i can only get into it with failsafe gnome. Not sure why that is. And im running Mint-8

Return to “Beginner Questions”