Keeping your new Mint with fresh new apps

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rufus0101

Keeping your new Mint with fresh new apps

Post by rufus0101 »

Hi.

Need to ask a few things about Mint. I have been running this overall great OS, but one shortcoming seems always to rise during operation. One major thing that I like is to keep the system fresh and up-to-date, both the kernel and the apps. How do one do this in a simple way ? Could I configure the package manager och update-program to show me "fresher" apps. Take one example, VLC, the one I get with install is 1.0.6...

Summary; how do I update with terminal-commands ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: Keeping your new Mint with fresh new apps

Post by Brian49 »

What exact problem are you finding with the Update Manager? Mostly, terminal commands simply invoke the same functions that the Update Manager provides. Also, please read the thread 'Why are my applications not the latest possible version?' in the Applications & Software section of the forum.

Return to “Beginner Questions”