Cannot apply mint updates

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
venom104

Cannot apply mint updates

Post by venom104 »

whenever I try and apply the updates in update manager I get a message saying "Could not apply changes! Fix broken packages first". I don't know what would be causing this because whenever I check synaptic package manager and use the broken filter I see absolutely nothing there.

Am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
venom104

Re: Cannot apply mint updates

Post by venom104 »

after googleing a blt I've found some commands that were supposed to help...here is the output of said commands

"sudo dpkg --configure -a"

No output

sudo apt-get install -f

s

Code: Select all

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 24 not upgraded.
sudo apt-get autoclean

Building dependency tree       
sudo apt-get clean

No output

sudo apt-get autoremove

Building dependency tree       
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 24 not upgraded.
venom104

Post by venom104 »

I tried disabling the updates for wine in the update manager, this allowed the other updates to go through...I have the wine ppa installed from winehq.org...how can I remove it and what could be causing the problem?
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

venom104 wrote:I tried disabling the updates for wine in the update manager, this allowed the other updates to go through...I have the wine ppa installed from winehq.org...how can I remove it and what could be causing the problem?
Terminal commands

sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get update

Return to “Beginner Questions”