newb questioni know but ive gotta ask

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drake53545

newb questioni know but ive gotta ask

Post by drake53545 »

i was just wondering what the diffrences were between the linux 9 dist. i am new to linux ive only been using it lightly for about a year now and i just want to know what ppl would recommend for me i do alot of computer repair, cabling, and occasional server builds just wondering what the diffrences are between the types of linux mint 9 srry if the awnsers are posted else were
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: newb questioni know but ive gotta ask

Post by Midnighter »

Differences between version? Do you mean like version 7, 8, 9, or between KDE and Gnome?
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
Erinsfan

Post by Erinsfan »

The differences are mostly to do with the desktop software and application software used to support it. GNOME is simple to use but limited to configure. KDE is lots of glitz with many more options. Openbox is light but more complex to make work. Try the various Live CDs and play. It is the best way to find out.

Erin
unexistance

Post by unexistance »

Hi,
i just want to know what ppl would recommend for me i do alot of computer repair, cabling, and occasional server builds
You might want to try other linux distro (might not be as easy as mint tho)
See distrowatch.com

Regards,

Return to “Beginner Questions”