torrent to dvd

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ricardezra

torrent to dvd

Post by ricardezra »

Has anyone downloaded and burnt a dvd on linux? I so can you tell me what tools I need.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: torrent to dvd

Post by caf4926 »

Brasero in gnome
k3b in kde
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
ricardezra

Post by ricardezra »

it burns but it does not play on dvd player with k3b
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Are you talking about downloading (by a BitTorrent) and burning the ISO files of a Linux OS distribution to DVD?

Or about downloading (via Torrent) and burning, then viewing a 'movie'?
ricardezra

Post by ricardezra »

yes to watch movies on tv
ricardezra

Post by ricardezra »

and i use devede to conver the file and nothing works
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

I have been using De ve de to convert the videos I download and K3b to burn them,make sure you have the correct settings (PAL or NTSB)when you convert them .I have been doing this for months and hundreds of movies including my own home movies. :D with no problems .
ricardezra

Post by ricardezra »

ok i will try let you know what happen tommorow
ricardezra

Post by ricardezra »

dam after burning ten dvds going thru the settings i finally got it thanks alot guys! :D :D :D :D
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

ricardezra wrote:dam after burning ten dvds going thru the settings i finally got it thanks alot guys! :D :D :D :D
So now that you got working. Tell us what you did? And what you did differently to get it to work?

Perhaps, your 'trial and errors' might help someone else in a similar situation.
ricardezra

Post by ricardezra »

ok when I uploaded my movie, in disc usage, if it is to big you have to use adjust disc usage to get that right. Next in default format it will be in PAL,change it to NTSC. Next in advance options make sure it is set to create iso.make sure in menu options you set it up or it will not work on your dvd and thats it! I will make a youtube video tomorrow showing how its done :D :D :D :D
ricardezra

Post by ricardezra »

vrkalak wrote:
ricardezra wrote:dam after burning ten dvds going thru the settings i finally got it thanks alot guys! :D :D :D :D
So now that you got working. Tell us what you did? And what you did differently to get it to work?

Perhaps, your 'trial and errors' might help someone else in a similar situation.
I got it

Return to “Beginner Questions”