I want another colour of mint (gnome)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

I want another colour of mint (gnome)

Post by jungle_boy »

Hi all,

I am loving linux mint 9 (gnome), i like mint, it is good with chocolate, but my preferred colour in a laptop is blue...

I tried linux mint kde, it did not run fine, it could not install the wireless driver, and laptop without wireless is not good...

And I falled-in-love with the colours of linux mint kde...

I tried to change the plymouth directory (/lib/plymouth/, i thing), copying the kde plymouth to linux mint gnome, but, still the colour is green, I am using linux mint 9 (gnome) and I wanna change the following:

1- The background image in the window where we choose the OS to boot, I prefer kde blue

2- The window with the little points running from left to right with the logo of linux mint, I prefer the beautiful of kde blue

3- The background image where we choose the user, I prefer kde blue

4- The welcome window when the system is running, I prefer kde blue

5- The Menu icon, in the toolbar at button

Does anybody know how can I make the changes that I want?

Thanks

(sorry my English)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
eiver
Level 5
Level 5

Re: I want another colour of mint (gnome)

Post by eiver »

I do not know how to make a custom blue theme short of changing the background. I never tried making a theme, because green suits me just fine. But if you ever succeed in making a complete blue theme for gnome and decide you want to share it with us, the community will be delighted :).
axel668

Post by axel668 »

don't know about blue but if you want to go purple you can just go to synaptic and install the Ubuntu default themes (plymouth, gnome etc.)
lolmint

Post by lolmint »

You can alter the appearance in the controlpanel then appearance, choose a basic theme, then click customize, then off you go, I made a custom gray/black one and a purple one, then I made a pink one, you can choose from exactly all colors in the universe except ultaviolet, infrared and neon brown. The background picture I think you can change to wahtever you like, I would go for a real photo in the "general desired color" you want, but thats just me.

You can get any color you want, right now I´m running black/gray to save my eyes and it looks classy, there is so much to do, change menu looks, window looks, icon looks, and thats was just what I found out was bundled inside the standard mint 9 Gnome DVD. Then you can probably download additional themes and window looks and whatever.

Have fun. I know I did.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

lolmint wrote:You can alter the appearance in the controlpanel then appearance, choose a basic theme, then click customize, then off you go, I made a custom gray/black one and a purple one, then I made a pink one, you can choose from exactly all colors in the universe except ultaviolet, infrared and neon brown. The background picture I think you can change to wahtever you like, I would go for a real photo in the "general desired color" you want, but thats just me.

You can get any color you want, right now I´m running black/gray to save my eyes and it looks classy, there is so much to do, change menu looks, window looks, icon looks, and thats was just what I found out was bundled inside the standard mint 9 Gnome DVD. Then you can probably download additional themes and window looks and whatever.

Have fun. I know I did.
The OP is talking about changing the colour of everything up too the point of login...
lolmint

Post by lolmint »

Aha
lolmint

Post by lolmint »

But seriously I takes less than 1 minute for a computer to boot.
unexistance

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

The beauty of Linux is that you CAN change all that, you just need to dig up a little bit on where to change anything.

OK, for your question:
3- The background image where we choose the user, I preffer kde blue
Select the image you want to use, rename it to

Talento-1.jpg

then put it under /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint/

Now, for the other three question.
1. You need to know which package handles the image you want to change
2. Then open synaptic, search for that package, right-click on it, select properties, installed files.
3. look for anything that could be an image.
4. replace it :D

That's what I did with your question 3

Regards,
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Thanks for all;

I will try your tips and I'll post the results...

To Moderation:

Please, excuse me if the post is in the wrong forum, you can move it to the correct forum...
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
Mad_Sunday

Post by Mad_Sunday »

To change the desktop (wallpaper etc.) just right click on it and select "change desktop background", they couldn't make that any easier :-)

Pete
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Thanks for all;

I verified that the /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint have the wallpapers..

I changed the wallpaper of my desktop...

I will search how can I change the windows that I said in my first post...

Thanks!
LM 21 Cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”