No sound in LXDE

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chantaspell

No sound in LXDE

Post by chantaspell »

Hi, I have just installed Mint LXDE and its greeat! very fast! but I am not getting any sound. I have tried ubuntu and my sound worked but on mint it doesnt.

I should explain that I have completely removed ubuntu and installed mint lxde from scratch.

I have looked at alsamixer and nothing is muted.

sudo aplay -l shows my sound card...

thomas@NB200:~$ sudo aplay -l
[sudo] password for thomas:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC272 Analog [ALC272 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC272 Digital [ALC272 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Any ideas what to do? Is there any package i can bring from ubuntu that will solve this?

Many Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwevej

Re: No sound in LXDE

Post by kwevej »

I had some hassles with sound in LXDE.
I've removed pulseaudio, tweaked alsa settings to make Skype work correctly. That blown away all problems.

Return to “Beginner Questions”