Driving Me Insane

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Otis Spunkmiyer

Driving Me Insane

Post by Otis Spunkmiyer »

(and I don't have far to go any way :D ) Here's the problem, the wifi indicator light will not stop blinking and it's very annoying.
When I'm under Windows it just stay lit steady, but under Linux it blinks non stop. Is there a code I can add to keep it steady and one that will start automatically so that I don't have to go terminal every time I get booted in ?
Thanks in advance..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vincent

Re: Driving Me Insane

Post by vincent »

"to go terminal every time I get booted in"...If there's a terminal command that stops your wireless LED from blinking after a reboot, then just put it in mintMenu > Control Centre > Startup Applications.
Otis Spunkmiyer

Post by Otis Spunkmiyer »

I may have worded that wrong, what is the code :?: Is there something I can edit in a file somewhere :?:
It doesn't affect my signal so you know. But the light is right in front by the screen and it annoys you .
I'm hoping I can edit a file, but not every time I get booted in. I'm sure I'll have to go in as 'root' if there is indeed some code I can put in.

Again thanks in advance.
vincent

Post by vincent »

Oh...I thought you knew about some terminal commands to fix the problem, and all you needed help with was finding a way to get it to run automatically at boot.

In that case, here's a Launchpad bug report and an Ubuntu forums thread that may help with your issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/250211
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=966511&page=9

Return to “Beginner Questions”