Should I install Mint 9 or wait for the new release?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
papuccino1

Should I install Mint 9 or wait for the new release?

Post by papuccino1 »

Since Ubuntu came out with 10.10 today, should I wait for Mint's newest version?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Should I install Mint 9 or wait for the new release?

Post by Carl »

Well it depends how long you wan't to wait... Linux Mint 10 could be anything from 3 weeks to 3 months away, there is no set release date it's here when it's ready and not before. :wink:
SLinovitz

Post by SLinovitz »

I say install Mint 9.

I use it daily at home and in coffee shops. It runs great on my laptop (Dell Latitude D800) and visually, to my eyes, it's pretty close to perfection.
linmint777

Post by linmint777 »

do not wait you are missing the best linux distro
m4daredsun

Post by m4daredsun »

I agree. Go with Mint 9 and eventually upgrade when v. 10 is available
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

Depends on your needs and tastes. If you want LTS with three years support and a solid stable environment, install Linux Mint 9. If you prefer cutting edge technology and new artwork, then wait or, do both, start with 9 and then 10 -11-12 etc. In the end only you can decide.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

I agree with installing Mint 9 as I find it to be a very good OS and I also like the fact it is supported until April 2013. My wife and I both run it on our laptops (hers is an Emachine E625 and mine is a Dell Inspiron 1525 )without any problems .Mint worked right out of the box on both computers without playing around with anything aside from our personal preferences IE; Docky ,devede, K3b etc.so why wait?? Do it now !!!

Return to “Beginner Questions”