add-on problems...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

add-on problems...

Postby frenzis on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I just installed Mint2.0 on my old ibm x30...it came to life once again :D

Everything works fine I cannot complain...all hardware is recognized, even if I actually did not tried the infrared or bluetooth.

I have neither the less a problem... I cannot install any firefox add-ons or dictionaries....

I lately tried to install Mplayer to see a web video..it failed as it cannot find bitypes.h or inttypes.h.

so I came here and found two command lines to try and a link to an add on for firefox.

the downloads just stall..it never start..it does the same for the dictionaries. I click download...after 5 min I have the pop up window, I click install...and the download never happens....it will give me an error after few minutes....

anyone saw this? I m a real newbie on Linux, this is my first full installed system....(got enough of XP :))

Thank you for reading and for any advice.

F.
frenzis
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:38 am

Welcome to Mint frenzis
Perhaps you should ask in the Mozilla forum
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38
To be sure - the install completed OK?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby frenzis on Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:21 am

Thank you Husse.

Yes the installation went very smooth...not like cassandra that failed twice, reason why I installed Barbara..I saw many old post of ibm x30 with this version working fine.

Thank you for the tip, I'll have a look.

F.
frenzis
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions