[SOLVED]Compiz not saving settings

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
0ddity

[SOLVED]Compiz not saving settings

Post by 0ddity »

I'm trying to use some software, but Compiz shortcuts are interfering. I need to press alt+mouse1 to perform an action in the program, but when I do that, instead of doing what I need, it grabs my window and moves it. I found the setting for this in the Window Management>Move Window subsection of CompizConfig Settings, and the shortcut that I need to change called "initiate window move." However, when I change the shortcut, as soon as I close the settings window, the shortcut reverts to default, and I still can't use the command I need to. I'm using Mint 10 RC x64.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Compiz not saving settings

Post by Aging Technogeek »

I did a little playing around and found that I could not disable the function and have it remain disabled when the settings window was closed, but there is a way to get where you want to be.

Open the "Move Window" entry in Compizconfig Settings Manager and click on the command shortcut "<alt>button 1". When the "Initiate Window I" window opens, click on "alt" to remove the highlight and click any of the of the three buttons offered(Shift, Ctrl, or Super), then click "Apply".

This should be persistent and free up the "<alt>button 1" shortcut for your use.
0ddity

Re: Compiz not saving settings

Post by 0ddity »

Awesome, that worked perfectly. Thanks for the help, I can use my program now :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”