HELP, laptop not turning on

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JHONMAR693

HELP, laptop not turning on

Post by JHONMAR693 »

I just recently make a clean install of Linux Mint 10 (Julia) on my laptop.. it works for 2days.. without any problem
but today i cant open my computer.. just a black screen.. what shoud i do?

*Additional Info, i noticed before that when i Shutdown Linux.. some text appearing before shuting down
is this the cause of my problem? any fixes?

Any Help would be appreacite.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: HELP, laptop not turning on

Post by willie42 »

I need a little more information. Is the computer completely dead like no Spash screen. What kind of laptop is it?
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
terdon

Re: HELP, laptop not turning on

Post by terdon »

As willie42 said, more info would be great. Does the computer make any noise? Are there any lights flashing? Is the laptop plugged in?

One thing that may have happened is that your laptop ran out of battery and went into hibernation and now cannot wake up, either because it need to be plugged in, or because there is a problem.

1. Unplug laptop from electricity socket.
2. Remove laptop's battery
3. Replace battery, plug laptop back in
4. Turn on computer

Return to “Beginner Questions”