FatRat:- Only 4 digit port numbers for bittorrent?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Suo_Eno

FatRat:- Only 4 digit port numbers for bittorrent?

Post by Suo_Eno »

It's a nifty additional protocol feature to have in a dl manager but yes that's my issue?I thought it'd be tidier if I don't have to have a separate bt client installed but the only way I can get the port numbers up to 5 digits are by entering 9999 and scroll up (click arrow up or scroll button on mouse) from there?Copy paste trick won't work.Which is a very tedious thing to do considering that I've forwarded ports 49158-49159 on my router.Anyone else with this issue?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
conslie

Re: FatRat:- Only 4 digit port numbers for bittorrent?

Post by conslie »

Not sure what client you are using, but this seems buggy if nothing other is available Or maybe you have not found the "how." Try Deluge and go to preferences/network and you should see a random 5-digit port. Open it in your firewall and go. On the other hand, 6881-6891 are standard for torrents, and provided as step one for new users.
Suo_Eno

Re: FatRat:- Only 4 digit port numbers for bittorrent?

Post by Suo_Eno »

conslie wrote:Not sure what client you are using, but this seems buggy if nothing other is available Or maybe you have not found the "how." Try Deluge and go to preferences/network and you should see a random 5-digit port. Open it in your firewall and go. On the other hand, 6881-6891 are standard for torrents, and provided as step one for new users.
Thanks for your reply :) It's FatRat Download Manager.Still keeping it for FF's Flashgot and normal dls.Yes I have the latest Deluge 1.3.0 from the ppa installed and it works as expected.

Return to “Beginner Questions”