[SOLVED] Removing item from volume control applet

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Demonkunga

[SOLVED] Removing item from volume control applet

Post by Demonkunga »

I'm a new Linux user, using Linux Mint 10 RC (and rather enjoying it :) ) Only had 1 program I couldn't get on here. Gotta love VirtualBox ;)
I installed Amarok, decided I didn't like it (now using Banshee), then uninstalled it (or so I think). This label in the volume control applet has stayed behind though. It doesn't do anything and I have no clue how to get rid of it. Is there a way?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: Removing item from volume control applet

Post by Elisa »

I'd try to restart X by
Ctrl + Alt + Backspace
Demonkunga

Post by Demonkunga »

Elisa wrote:I'd try to restart X by
Ctrl + Alt + Backspace
Thank you very much! That did it! :)
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

U r welcome :lol:
As I always say: if all (logical) thoughts/tests failed it's time to test those unlogical and restart X sometimes heals all those pains :lol: :lol:
Demonkunga

Post by Demonkunga »

Elisa wrote:U r welcome :lol:
As I always say: if all (logical) thoughts/tests failed it's time to test those unlogical and restart X sometimes heals all those pains :lol: :lol:
Restarting X would be like restarting explorer.exe, it makes sense :)
Though restarting the OS usually fixes problems too. I think that's one thing I'll really like about Linux. Never restarting! :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”